The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A spark of creative flair

My friend Rebecca had a Stampin' Up! party at her home last Friday night, and I was a little surprised that I actually made kind of a cute card while there! I do have a creative flair in me, but the secret perfectionist in me fights that and keeps me from expressing myself all too often. How did it rear it's ugly head that night? Well, by the same thought that keeps me from scrappin' like I'd like to: "It's permanent!" For some reason, the thought of these things not being erasable, no do-overs, seriously freaks me out! But since I realized I had one opportunity to create something nice that night, I drank enough coffee to put my anxiety at bay (it was drowning in my bladder! LOL) and made a pretty card.



There! Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but at least it's done. I overcame my fear for the evening, and that in itself was a giant leap. Now... I wonder if I'll have the strength by the fall to attempt scrapping with some friends? Baby steps, Ruth. Baby steps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Ruth, that card is too cute! And from one perfectionist to another...it looks perfect! I'm glad you had fun at the party. I was so happy that you came! I really need to get back into scrapbooking too...maybe this fall you could come over and scrap with me! I think by then I will have gotten some stuff done around the house and I'll feel free to be crafty!

May 16, 2006, 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hmmm... that means I'd have to actually organize my photos to some extent! Aaaaghhh! LOL That's so overwhelming, but I know it's my own fault, too. I'd really like to do that, tho! How about we start with something more simple... like a card-making day? We could combine what we have & just stamp away at making some?!? Let me know what'cha think! :)

May 17, 2006, 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger DaveKerwin said...

I'm diggin it, you go girl!

May 18, 2006, 9:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home