The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Diagnosis confirmed

Yesterday we found out for certain that my Mom has breast cancer again. For lack of time, I'll just copy/paste some of the info from an email I sent out to some people tonight about this...

"The surgeon figures he got it all, he said it was the same kind that she had 20 years ago (estrogen dependent), and he said it’s level of aggressiveness is “medium.” She went to see an oncologist yesterday afternoon, and that doctor said he’ll be checking some hormone markers, and will call her when those results come back. Based on if they come back positive or not (which she was told they most likely would be), the treatment plan will be radiation and medication (Arimidex, instead of the Tomoxifin she thought they were going to use). She has an appointment with the radiologist on Thursday for the initial consultation and to talk about the plan.

My Mom seems in good spirits still about this. She feels it was contained and that this treatment will just prevent reoccurrence. She seems confident that God is in control, and she’s in His good hands!"

I'll put some updates here from time to time on how things are going. I suppose if I have moments of feeling really free, I might open up & share some of my thoughts on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home