The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Friday, January 05, 2007

Meeting the McGlassion Girls

Last night after work I had the privilege of meeting Corinne & Joslyn!


Wow! Those girls are just so darned cute! I just loved looking at their petite little features... the faces, the ears, the fingers... just so - perfect!
I didn't get to touch or hold them, but that's okay. They were out & about too much yesterday & really needed to just be left alone to sleep. It was a little rough having to hold myself back, but I know I'll get my chance soon enough! :) But talk about a walk down memory lane...

There's our little Peanut when she was born. Corinne & Joslyn look so tiny, but they're even over a pound more than Kirsten was at birth! Hard to imagine! It was definitely weird... when I first saw the girls, I immediately felt my eyes tearing up (I did a good job of holding it back, tho!). I felt this jab in my heart... instant flooding of past emotions all at once. This was the first time I've seen babies as small as Kirsten since she was that size. I remembered the smells of the soaps, the sounds of the monitors, the feelings of fearing the unknown. When talking with Nicole, I remembered those emotions that she must be experiencing. Amazing how something that's supposed to be so wonderful can be so terrifying. But it's also so very... indescribable! Definitely a miracle and a precious gift from God!

I was glad I caught myself last night from talking too much about when Kirsten was born. I mean, I did some, don't get me wrong! LOL I couldn't help it! I wanted to let them talk... to just take in the glory of those two little sweeties... it's about them! I just hope Matt & I can be a bit of a sounding board for Craig & Nicole with any thoughts or questions or feelings they need to share. We've been there. Not with two babies, but we've still been thru the whole gambit of the preemie world. And I know, each child is different in what they endure. I remember how good it felt to talk with our friends Julie & Brian... they'd been thru that with their boys (they were the first preemies we knew, born at 32 weeks). I just hope we can be an encouragement & comfort to our friends now... that they know we understand, we support them, and we love them!

Corinne & Joslyn... welcome to the world, little sweeties! You've got an awesome family and you are already loved beyond measure! :)

P.S. I put some details about the girls on the Paradox blog...
be sure to check it out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are deffinitley being an encouragment; thanks Matt & Ruth. You guys are good friends.

It was good to hear your memories & thoughts when you wereat the hospital abotu what thge whole preemie in the hospital thing was going to be like.

Thansk again.

-- Craig

Jan 28, 2007, 7:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home