The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Monday, October 30, 2006

Start counting!

I was reading thru some of my FlyLady emails this morning, and someone had written the phrase "count your many blessings" in one of them. Immediately, that old hymn popped in my head & I'm still singing it! So... that got me thinking... I know I've sung that song & quoted the phrase about counting my blessings, but when have I actually DONE that?!? You know, taken the time to perhaps write a few down?!? How about now!!!

Here's some of my blessings that I see at the moment: the sun is shining and it's warm enough that Kirsten didn't need her gloves today - the yummy cup of coffee sitting on my desk right now - a job that I can go to later this afternoon that I actually enjoy - family that moved up from Ohio recently that I get to see tomorrow (the kids get to go trick or treating for the first time together, too!) - relationships with some of my nieces & nephews that truly make my heart happy - a husband that not only continues to tolerate me after 11 1/2 yrs.of marriage, but actually loves me still, in spite of all my shortcomings - the opportunity God gave me to be a part of our new church, Paradox, where I can serve in ways that are new to me and that are helping me grow (spiritually, intellectually, and relationally) - new friendships that have been forming - older friendships that remain solid, in spite of everyone's busy lives - the roof over my head and the heat in here - running water (in this crappy apt., every little thing's a blessing! LOL) - this crappy apartment! (hey, it's home!) - my parents still alive & well & engaging in our relationships with them - my daughter having all her grandparents still (I dind't at her age) - my Peanut.

I could go on, of course, but I'll let YOU! If you're reading this post, take a few moments to think of what some of your blessings are right at this second! Then post some in the comment area, please!!! :) And be encouraged! I guess often we don't see the good things in our lives until we take a moment to really SEE them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home