The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Let the zapping commence!

Well, my Mom started her radiation on Tuesday. She has to go 5 days/week for several weeks (I need to double check on the details). I've been told that she might not feel anything for a few weeks, possibly even a month. But what I've heard is that it could begin to feel like a really bad sunburn. Mom even said she met someone there who's skin was blistering. With our fair skin (she's the 100% Finn!), we already are sensitive & prone to burning with the sun... I hope with that and her thinner skin (part of the joys of aging?!?) that she doesn't get it bad. That's my big prayer... that God will really protect her skin from the discomfort/pain/burn. It's tough enough to think of how it's burning the bad cells from the inside out.

One thing the radiologist mentioned the other week was how there's a 7% chance my Mom could have lymphedema, which would be a build up of fluid in her arm. My sister Evie had that problem, so the thought of that brought back some sad memories. (There were just so many unknowns with Evie's situation.) We'll just pray that she won't fall in that 7%!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home