The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, January 31, 2008

clutter attack

As of last night, I had accumulated over 400 messages in my email inbox. It's not that I've been ignoring them, but I just haven't taken time in well over a week now to go thru them. I look at some, read some from family & friends. I have the best intentions to respond to people, but for some reason my brain just hasn't been in the chatty mood. No particular reason, either. I'm not upset with anyone, not down in the dumps at all. I'm just... ??? Do you find this happening to you at times? I have had a semi-cold lately, and I know that's been making me feel more tired. I also realize that when I'm not feeling 100%, my eyes/head/body doesn't like being in front of the computer screen. Maybe that's some of it? My friend wrote me last night & mentioned she hadn't heard back from me in a while. I looked, and sure enough, it's been days since she wrote me and I hadn't responded yet. Why not?!? (Sorry, sweetie!) I honestly didn't realize it's been a while. I guess the days are just passing by me and I better jump back on board!

This morning I had the goal of purging my inbox down to at least 200. Half is a reasonable goal. Instead, I waste a ton of time making a new layout for my MySpace page! D'oh! (It's a "Hairspray" theme, too... very fun!) There went 2 hours I could've been doing something more productive with! Oh well. At least I managed to do a few good things around here. Now I've got just enough time to respond to a few emails, delete a few more unwanted ones, and get ready for work. There's always tomorrow, right?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home