The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, January 24, 2008

distractions

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment for a root canal. When I scheduled it, I said to the woman at the office that as long as I have some gas, I'll be fine. She told me to try it without the gas, that the doctor is so good that I won't even need it. Um, yeah, she obviously doesn't know me! There's no way I'd even attempt it without the gas. Actually, I'll even remind myself to take some pain meds (and I'll be sure to throw in a little Xanax while I'm at it! LOL) before I go. If I could be drunk and passed out, I'd do that! Of course, that'd be a little difficult in the getting there part if I was like that. Anyway, I'm nervous. Like I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of going to the dentist. (I know Shelley shares my fear, while Karen somehow enjoys it!) I experience extreme anxiety when I go. I feel absolutely silly, knowing I should be able to calm myself and control my emotions better. But for some reason, it's just impossible. It's like I'm possessed or something... that my body isn't mine anymore. Kind of like a bad dream. Yeah, that sums it up - a really bad dream!

Anyway, I have a few distractions for the day planned. My friend Vickie's coming to pick me up in the morning. We'll go for coffee or breakfast or something. Not quite sure what the plans are yet, but that's okay. It'll just be something keeping me from thinking about where I'll be that afternoon. That's good. And I'm a little under the weather. Just a cold, I believe, but it's enough to keep me thinking about that instead of thinking about my tooth. You know, the one that will be tortured tomorrow afternoon. Poor little fella. At least it'll be better when it's over.

So, with that, I'll be on my way to bed now. I just hope I don't have any scary dreams of dental offices - that would NOT be good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, I don't enjoy it!! It just doesn't necessarily bother me! Funny girl. You'll be okay. Shoot me an email this weekend and let me know how it went!! xoxoxo

Jan 25, 2008, 9:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home