The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

her cute little nose

We had a follow-up yesterday morning with Kirsten's ENT about her nose. The verdict? It's all good! It looks clear enough - it's still staying open! He said to continue the Veramyst spray in both nostrils once a day until we go back to see him in June. That'll help keep any infection/inflammation at bay, especially during allergy season (she hasn't had allergy problems yet).

This is really a bit odd. I mean, I know her nostril is open, but it's almost as if I'm waiting for the usual verdict to return of it closing back up. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that it's okay! It's just been such a long, long road to get here, and it feels odd that it's over. Does that make sense? Eleven surgeries/procedures, numerous tests, a billion doctor visits... and it's finally over. (In case you're a little lost on her history, read the past journal entries here.) Granted, her nostril opening doesn't let a ton of air through, but that's because she has a deviated septum that leans that way. *** Isn't it so cool how God worked that out?!? He had it leaning that way, so the nostril she's been using for the past 7 years has been the one with the biggest opening! Too cool! We'll just deal with that when she's older, if it becomes an issue.

Anyway, here's a pic of my little cutie being silly at the office yesterday...




*** And on the Curves front - today was my chance to go back, and I decided to nap instead. Well, I did help push a stuck vehicle out of the snow Sunday night, and one that ran out of gas yesterday... can I count that as my workout?!?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mamarazzi said...

YES pushing your car counts as a work out! your little girlie is adorable!! allergies BOO!

Mar 11, 2008, 4:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated on the little punkin. Give her a kiss from me. xoxo

Mar 11, 2008, 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awesome!! so happy to hear your GREAT news =)

Mar 11, 2008, 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Luniquely Maggie said...

ruthie! I 'm so glad her nostril is staying open! what a ride though huh? hey! can watching Roller derby count as a workout? hahaha. good for you for going to curves again! keep it up girl!

Mar 12, 2008, 7:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home