The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, March 06, 2008

the prodigal daughter returns


It really is ridiculous how many excuses we come up with for not doing something we know we should be, isn't it? I've been a member of Curves for almost 2 years now, and I'd be embarrassed to admit how many times I've actually been in there. Granted, when I first signed up, I was going more regularly. I think that's because I had a partner to work out with. She wasn't able to continue, then my excuses kicked in for why I wasn't going. Oh, I was still paying the monthly fee all along. Many times I thought of cancelling my membership, but I knew if I did, I'd never sign back up. Now, I'm not a big complainer (at least to my knowledge I'm not) of my weight. I know I'm fat. No questions there. I know I need to lose weight and get healthier. I'm definitely not in the dark about it. I know what I need to do, but actually doing it is another story. I'm just like most others - my own worst enemy. I won't complain about it out loud, but numerous times a week I'm beating myself up inside about not changing. So, for today, I'm changing. I'm tired of not feeling like I look good. I'm tired of all my "someday" thoughts. Well, what if there isn't a someday? Today is the day, and I'm making a change. I went back to Curves!!!


There I am, after my workout, red and tired and the sun's beating in my face! But I wanted to show myself that I actually could get my fanny there, so I can look back and motivate myself to do it again. I'm making a change! (Well, at least for today!) Now the challenge comes in for the rest of my day - not eating more junk, feeling justified for my morning workout!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mamarazzi said...

i LOVE Curves...i am a total curves girl! i recently took a week long free pass to a new gym in town and i have to tell ya...i love Curves. i like i knowing i am in and out in 30 minutes if i want, that i will see other sexy chubb-o-licious girls like me and the equipment is made for women!

anyway thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a cool comment...you rock!

Mar 6, 2008, 4:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Ruth! Keep it up! Praying for you!

Mar 6, 2008, 8:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me, Jenn! LOL

Mar 6, 2008, 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

you go girl! i'm trying to get myself motivated to exercise, but my greatest deterrent is the weather. i love to walk, bike and rollerblade, but i can't, so instead i sit around and do nothing! i should dust off one of my many workout videos and go for it, but i don't. you've inspired me!

Mar 7, 2008, 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger suchsimplepleasures said...

yay!! you go girl!! i used to go to curves...but, i stopped going so, i dropped my membership!! keep it up, woman!!
xoxo

Mar 10, 2008, 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger OHmommy said...

Okay.... everyone is starting to workout today. What is it with Mondays. Perhaps I will take a run. :) Keep up the good work!

Mar 10, 2008, 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I'm so proud of YOU!!!!!

Mar 11, 2008, 3:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Now we just need to start up that other food thing again......

Mar 11, 2008, 5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home