The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, April 17, 2008

life, interrupted

Since the arrival of my visitor last Friday, I've pretty much been out of the loop on my normal day-to-day activities. I was looking forward to catching up on some things this week. I should know better. Procrastination never seems to work out for me! Tuesday, my normal day off, I ended up working to help cover someone's shift (my friend's father passed away Saturday, so she's off this week). I did end up hitting the grocery store on my way home, doing 2 loads of laundry, cleaning fruits & veggies (which I always prolong... and often waste because they go bad while waiting for my attention!), and making a new recipe for dinner (it turned out yummy!). So, even though I wasn't home all day, I was still quite productive. But I was looking forward to today, Thursday, to hit Curves again. No such thing. Kirsten stayed home sick today. Bummer. She'd been coughing for a few days & had been running a low fever since Tuesday. So, no running errands like I wanted to. No exercise like I was planning to. No cleaning around the house like I was hoping to. I decided to finally stop moping for the loss of my morning, and to spend a little quality time with my girl (amongst the small crabby tantrums she threw, of course! gotta love the over-emotional sick girl!). We played, read, and had a nice lunch together. Now it's time for me to get ready & head off to work. Daddy gets the second shift of the day with her, and she's already got a few things lined up to do with him! I guess I gotta remember to just make the best of the situation... roll with it, interruptions and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home