The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, March 27, 2008

there's something to be said for spontaneity

The way things have been working out, it looks like when last-minute plans are made, those are the ones that seem to happen (more often than ones that are attempted to be planned ahead). For instance, there's a few friends that I've been trying to hang out with for a month or two now, and it seems like every time we come up with a mutual working date, something comes up last-minute that prevents us getting together. Maybe I should try with them what I've tried with a few other girlfriends lately. A few weeks ago I called my sister & we were able to hook up the next evening. This week I called my friend Vickie on Monday and we made plans for Tuesday. That morning, I called our friend Michelle and she was able to meet up with us. Then yesterday, my friend Karen commented on my blog. It was the post about the broken window. She joked that it sounds like an issue that required some sangria medicine! I figured, "Hey, why not?!?" and sent her a message. We ended up getting together last night!

We tried a new spot - Ruby Tuesday. The martinis were delicious, well received by us, and we split a yummy dessert!



I think I'll have to continue trying this last-minute planning - it seems to be working!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, right?? Soooo glad we went out last night...I needed some girl time, and we had us some good talks, no? xoxo

Mar 27, 2008, 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home