The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

serene

"Calm, peaceful, or tranquil; unruffled"... that's the definition of serene. Doesn't that just sound amazing?!? I'm in a moment of that right now. Kirsten's off to school, the rest of the household is in bed, the lights are off, the TV is off, my coffee's by my side, my jammies are still on, and the only sounds I hear are that of my keyboard (I really would love to find a quiet one!) and the birds chirping outside.

Aaaaah!

These are the moments I love! Moments I can just think. No interruptions. Just my thoughts.

Which brings up a question I have for you. It may be a strange question, but it's the one that popped into my head, nevertheless! Do you set your alarm clock to go off on the hour? I guess I can best explain it by telling you what I do. If I know I should get up at 7:00, I set my alarm for 7:01. If I should get up before 6:30, I set it for 6:24. I set it for weird times like that. Always have. 7:41. 8:17. 6:01. Maybe it's because I somehow subconsciously feel I'm getting more sleep by having it one minute past the hour? I don't know, but I notice that I've always done this! So, I'm just putting this out there and asking if anyone else has a weird time thing like I do with alarms?!?

It's a rainy day. The kind where I normally would've gone back to sleep. But I absolutely cherish this quiet time I've got going on here! Soon enough others will be up. Lights will come on. The television will be turned on. Noise and distractions will set in. Soon. But for this brief moment, I can think. I can read. I can hear the words that I'm reading. I can process thoughts. I love it.

Aaaaah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home