The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Monday, April 21, 2008

change of plans

There's something on my mind, yesterday especially, that I want to write about. It's just some parenting struggles and I'd really like to ask for some advice. Last night, I had every intention of blogging about it. But as I was sitting at the computer, looking at the clock inching towards 11pm, I suddenly had a craving for some ice cream. Edy's Slow-Churned Strawberry. It's half the fat - does that mean I can eat twice as much? The craving overpowered the other thoughts in my mind, and I scooped up a bowl, curled up in bed, and watched some meaningless tv until the ice cream was gone. It was nice. It sent me off into peaceful slumber. That slumber was interrupted at around 1:30am when Kirsten came in and asked if she could sleep with me. Of course I said yes to my little sweetie. Funny thing - she woke me up twice (or was it 3 times? I forget now!) to ask me to be quieter... I was snoring too loud & kept waking her up! And here I thought I wasn't sleeping well (I seem to wake up often when she's in bed with me)! Sorry, Peanut!

I'll blog later with my parenting concerns... I really need some opinions on what to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I have a weak spot for Ben and Jerry's chunky monkey. I can tune out Dan's (will it is easy because I am deaf) request for a snack or whatever at night, when I am happily tucked into a bowl of the evil monkey.
Nice blog.
And thanks

Apr 26, 2008, 6:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home