The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Forcing the issue

Today Kirsten stayed home from school. She's a bit congested, and it's been building for a few days now. Maybe she got it from me, maybe it's something else. Anyway, I crashed on the couch. Wasn't planning on staying there long, but every time the alarm went off, I reset it. Of course, I checked on Kirsten between my snoozes, and the in-between times when she would wake me to help put a shirt on her Prince (from a Barbie movie, not the REAL Prince!) doll or something. I finally decided to get up around 11, feeling that was enough sleep I caught up on. Where was Kirsten at this point?

Passed out in her room! The little sweetie must've known she was going to nap, because she had her glasses off & safely to the side! I guess she needed some extra rest, and my napping kind of forced the issue with her! Makes me feel less guilty for sleeping the morning away!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I got myself in trouble! Last night I stayed up too late - didn't get to sleep till around 2:30. Guess what? Kirsten woke up around 3:30 from all her coughing, and decided to STAY awake for a few hours! UGH! Needless to say, I'm draggin' today! I think we both passed out for an hour or two, but that was about it. I'm hoping that means that tonight will be a great sleep for us both... and cough-free for her!

Jun 1, 2007, 1:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home