The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Friday, May 18, 2007

Sale-ing away

Today was day number one of our big Gross family garage sale at my in-laws' place. We're running it from 9 - 4:00 today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Let me just say, if you have a sudden urge to hire someone to help you do some big-time organizing of your home, or even to set up a garage sale, I know just the person! My sis-in-law Jenn is amazing! That woman has kicked butt with helping me purge out so much unnecessary junk from my home in the past few months, and she did so much work setting up this garage sale and getting it moving along today! Big kudos to that girl!!! (Oh, and she's moving to Texas in a few months, so ya better hurry if you wanna hire her! LOL)

Anyway... a lot was sold, and there's still some bigger items left that I thought I'd share with you. Jenn has this really cool old trunk. It even has a slight scent inside that makes me think of my family cabin up north.

They have a very comfy love-seat that they need to sell as well. It took everything in me to not plant my fanny in that all afternoon today!


I also had an opportunity today to sing Kirsten a song from Hans Christian Andersen! The photo's a little blurry, but if you look close you'll see a little inchworm on her finger!

Two and two are four
Four and four are eight
Eight and eight are sixteen
Sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two
Inchworm, inchworm
Measuring the marigold
You and your arithmatic
You'll probably go far
Inchworm, inchworm
Measuring the marigold
Seems to me you'd stop and see
How beautiful they are

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm loving that trunk!!! I want details!!

And I haven't heard the inchworm song in ages. Next time I see you, you'll have to remind me of the tune.

May 19, 2007, 7:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home