The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Sunday, May 11, 2008

my weekend

Had a few different things happen over the weekend, so I thought I'd just give a little update of life here this way!

Friday we kind of threw together & implemented last minute the plan of moving some furniture. When we left our last place of residence, we got rid of our living room things. A friend of mine at work was getting rid of a lot of furniture from her place, and offered some to us. We were originally talking about doing the moving today, but I had the notion of it working better Friday evening. Matt called a friend to help, we rented a truck, I made sure my friend and my parents (my folks are letting us keep the things there for a month) were available, and we did it! Got it done within an hour even!

Saturday I brought Kirsten to my sister Val's house for my niece Louise to watch while I went to a lunch/meeting with some friends from church. While I was there, Matt took our good car up to our friend Mike's place, and the two of them worked on giving it a much-needed tune-up. While on the way home from my lunch/meeting, my car (I was driving our older blue car) decided to freak me out - the steering was locking up! God was gracious enough to allow the wheel to hold off until I made the turn onto a side road (for those who know the area, I turned off Schoenherr onto Common). I drove down as far as I could, and stopped the car. What had happened was that as I was driving, I could feel the wheel not wanting to let me turn it left at all. Right after I made the right turn onto Common, the wheel didn't want to let me turn it in either direction! Yikes! I was only about 1/2 mile or so from my sister's house, so I called them to say I was running a little late. I called to tell Matt of what happened, and I walked to my sister's. I ended up getting a nice visit in with her & the family (my brother-in-law Dave even took me to the car to see if adding some power steering fluid would help - it didn't) & they brought Kirsten & I home before they headed to church. Oh, Dave ended up driving my car back to their house so it wouldn't be sitting on another street - he said it was quite tough to move! Hey, at least I got some exercise in by that walk!

Sunday (today) was a nice low-key day. Kirsten & I went to church in the morning & Matt stayed home (not feeling 100%). When we got home, we promptly changed into some comfy pj pants & sweatshirts - with the rainy weather, we were going to have a cuddly, snuggly, comfy day! I made up some sloppy joes for the two of us (Matt was sleeping, and he doesn't like them anyway), and we watched some tv in her room while eating. We did some lazy stuff on our own, then we spent some time together doing girlie stuff (I gave her a manicure & pedicure)! We read some, cuddled in my room & watched some tv, had snacks, and just chilled out together. No running around to visit a bunch of people, just a day at home being Mommy to my Peanut, and I enjoyed it very much!

We'll probably go Tuesday to pick up the blue car & bring it home. I'm really curious as to what's wrong with it. I'll be praying it's something minor, but I have a bad feeling that it's just dying. It's old. It's served us well. But it sure would be nice to get a few more years out of her!

1 Comments:

Blogger Are You Serious! said...

♡ I hate having car troubles it stresses me out especially when they leave you stranded! Yay that you were close to your sisters! Good luck with the car!

May 12, 2008, 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home