The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

the need to nest

I really, really, REALLY need to know what in the heck is happening with our future living situation! We have a little over a month left before we need to leave where we are, and we still don't know if we're able to buy a house or not. If we don't buy right now, we'll be renting an apartment. We're giving the mortgage guy until the end of this week to give us a final answer. Last we heard from him (which was Friday, after days of unreturned calls & emails), he was still waiting for our credit report to be updated. He said he should've been able to get back to us yesterday. Yesterday came and went without a word. If we don't hear from him this week, I'll let him know that we'll just have to put this on hold for 6 months or so. We'll rent an apartment. We'll use that time to continue chipping away at whatever piddly medical bills are left on our credit report. And we'll save what we can for when we can buy a home. I'm not crazy of the thought of moving ALL our things for one year (or less) and then moving them ALL again. But if that's what needs to happen, that's what we'll do. I just need to feel settled into my OWN place. I so desperately desire to hang photos up - I think that's the thing I miss the most!!! I want pictures up on my walls, on my dressers, in Kirsten's room, all around our home! I want photos of family & friends that we know and love! I want to see them on a regular basis, and I want Kirsten to see them, too! I've been reading my friend Rebecca's photography blog, and she's been putting so many great ideas there (her weekly video blogs) of how to make photography a wonderful part of your home. I can't wait to implement some of those ideas!!!

Thirteen years ago today, Matt and I were married. Little did we know what the road ahead had in store for us. Sure, we've made some poor choices along the way, but we've made many good ones, too. We've grown individually and together. We have a daughter, an amazing blessing from God (truly, if you knew the full story of her from even the attempt at conception on, you'd understand what a miracle she is to us!). We have our little family. And we have our extended family and friends who we love dearly and are so happy to be growing along with in this journey of life together. We know that more changes are ahead, and we're embracing them, hand-in-hand. We'll make the best of them, with a lot of prayer, too.

I just can't wait to start collecting my twigs to lay down!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home