The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Friday, May 01, 2009

the post-scoop

Things went well today. I'm on some good meds, so I mustered up enough energy to sit at the computer & give you a little update! LOL Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of details from the doctor after the procedure. Now Matt knows how I feel every time I visit her for appointments - in, fast talking, then out she goes! The basics are that she was able to get the mass, took some surrounding tissue (I'm guessing it's at least about the size of a golf ball),sewed me back up, and that was that. It was only about a 20 minute or so surgery. She did have to do it by incision, but that's okay. We didn't get anything more than that really! I need to see her back in a week for follow-up.

So far, I'm not really in any pain, but I had quite a bit of help controlling that earlier! LOL We were just surprised with how fast I was able to leave. We're so used to Kirsten having problems with anesthesia and us having to stay for hours before we can go. Here, it was within 1/2 hour of being in the recovery room before we left. And that's including me eating a snack (raisin toast w/butter and some orange juice - yum!)!

Thanks a ton for your prayers and such! I'll get back to you as I can... Matt's telling me my time's up and I need to lay back down! :) Looks like he'll be keeping a close watch on me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad things went well!

May 1, 2009, 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Melissa L said...

Hope you're feeling good! Praying for a speedy recovery!

May 2, 2009, 6:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home