The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Saturday, July 05, 2008

wakey! wakey!

(To the tune of "Wake up, little Suzie"...) "Wake up, little Ruthie, wake up!" I can hear that in my head, with Matt singing it to me. He hasn't done that in years, but I sure need an alarm clock with that on it! The cell phone alarm just doesn't seem to work for me. I hate setting my actual clock, because of the awkward timing between Matt getting home & going to sleep shortly before I'd like to wake up. I'd hate for him to just be falling into a deep sleep, only for my loud alarm to wake him. So, instead, I sleep in. Today I slept in until Kirsten came to wake me up. That was 10:45! Um, I'm all for getting some extra sleep like that on occasion, but since school's been out for her, I think our sleeping schedule has been getting quite off-whack!

Anyone else falling into the same pattern as me?!? Staying up late & sleeping in late?!?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish!!!! School out or not, Owen still gets up at 6am!!!

Jul 7, 2008, 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

SIX AM?!? Ugh! Kirsten was more like that when she was younger - I guess I'll be happy she sleeps in now then!

Jul 8, 2008, 6:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home