The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fat Tuesday

I had such a nice time celebrating a reason to indulge myself, it's worth sharing! When my Dad's family moved here from Pennsylvania, they settled in Hamtramck. He rarely gets a chance to go there, so I figured we'd make a time of it! Kirsten & I picked him up and headed down. We met my friend Armen at her coffee shop, Cafe 1923 (on Holbrook).

From there we all headed to find some good Polish food for lunch. We did a little walking around outside, but every place we checked out was completely packed, with lines even on the streets.

Armen made a suggestion of a place she hadn't tried before but heard good reviews about (Krakus), so we went there.

Never judge a book by it's cover! That place was great! We all tried something different (Kirsten had mashed potatoes and green beans, but was willing to try what we gave her to taste), and we all had leftovers to take home with us!

The house dessert for the day were paczkis that they made. Thank goodness, because every bakery we drove past had super long lines on the streets!

I had a great day of food & fellowship, and the smile on my Dad's face was worth it all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl...sounds like fun. I didn't know Armen had a coffee shop...you'll have to take me sometime. Looks right up my alley. :) I didn't get a paczki on Paczki Day, so I'm intensely jealous!!

-Your Girl Scout cookie dealer

Feb 23, 2007, 7:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home