The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Friday, March 23, 2007

Commercials


I'll admit it. There's a commercial out there that really bothers me, might even say it frightens me a little. It's a Downy fabric softener commercial. Yes, I said fabric softener! Okay, here's the scenario: a woman jumps into what you think will be a lake, but the water is actually supposed to be her sheets. The point of distress for me is when her arms hit the "water" and she starts to go under... I can't help but hold my breath! EVERY SINGLE TIME that I see it! There's a little unconscious voice in my head that says, "Hold your breath or you'll suffocate on the plastic!" (I think the sheets kinda look like plastic.) I know, I'm a nut! But just take a look at the commercial for yourself, and maybe you'll see what I mean!

Oh, and it's too weird the way she just slides up from under her covers... kinda looks like they're playing it in reverse, but it's still just WEIRD to me! Very unnatural!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home