The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question.



I think I should take up smoking. I might as well, my apartment already stinks as if I do. Yesterday was such a beautiful day, and the fresh air was completely ruined by the smell of the neighbors' smoke thru my windows. It's driving me nuts! There's really no easy solution for this either. Either we move to a smoke-free apartment complex (which doesn't exist) or we just deal with it. There's not even supposed to be smoking in this building, but our neighbors across the hall still do inside theirs. It seeps thru the cracks around our doorway and into our living room and kitchen. Blech! It nauseates me when I'm not feeling well... and adds to the heavy feeling in my lungs that cry with some asthma already. I worry about it effecting Kirsten's asthma. The apartment manager is well aware of the fact, but actually getting change to happen around here... let me put it this way, our air conditioner is supposed to be covered on the outside every winter, and we've just finished our third without one! (This is just one example, too.) Things just don't get done here! I guess I can hope for brief moments of a clean breeze. I can hope those moments happen more often than the tainted ones do. And I can look forward to another summer of closed windows and high air conditioning bills. Oh joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home