The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Monday, June 02, 2008

clouds have silver linings and the sun is shining!

I just sent a little update to some family & friends, but I figured I should copy/past it here, too, just in case!


It's been very interesting to see how God's been providing for us on pretty much a daily basis around here! One friend let us borrow their station wagon for several days, which helped us through the move. We ended up having to rent a car for 3 days, but then we were able to borrow a van from some friends that are on vacation right now. If we still need a vehicle when we return this one, we have some family that has an extra that we can use for a while. It's been a little fun for me to drive different vehicles around - I just have to be sure not to get too attached! LOL (Interesting fact - the rental was my least favorite to drive so far, and I think it was the "newest" of them all!)

We're still trying to figure out financing the repairs, but I know it'll all work out! It seems the 401k route is a dead end, so we'll just have to wait a little while & save up before we can fix either of our cars. We've got several options in our minds of what we might be able to do: 1) fix the blue car, which might be the least expensive route, and wait to save funds to fix the silver one... 2) sell the blue car and save to fix the silver one... and 3) sell both cars and see if we can find an inexpensive used car to purchase.

So, thank you for your prayers - God sure is showing Himself to us in many ways! We know we're in good hands!

P.S. If you have any info on a good used car we might be able to consider, please call or email Matt. I figured I'd leave the car details to him, and I'll just keep focusing on unpacking & organizing this place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home