The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Monday, May 04, 2009

doctor's offices can be frustrating

So, today I called the doctor's office to set up my one-week follow-up with my doctor. The phones must've been busy, because it went to a machine and I had to leave a message. Someone from the office called me back after hours to schedule my appointment. She asked what I needed to see the doctor about, I told her I had surgery last Friday and that the doctor needed to see me for a one-week follow-up. Well, the gal told me I could come in on Wednesday, otherwise I'd have to wait until next week. She wasn't too helpful, either - seemed as if she wanted to get me off the phone quickly. Hmmm... I ended up setting an appt. for next Thursday morning. Before hanging up, I questioned if that was too far from the surgery, again restating that the doctor wanted to see me in a week. She (with a bit of a snotty attitude) told me the doctor didn't have anything else.

So, I called the office back and left a message for a nurse to call me tomorrow. I stated I had surgery last Friday and have some follow-up questions. I'm kind of hoping that my doctor just calls me, that way when I mention the appointment, I'm sure she'll just tell them to get me in this Friday! I know they must have times they can squeeze things like that in. I need to get the okay to return to work from her first - I can't wait another week! We'll see!

Oh, and today I finally started my period! (I know guys, TMI! LOL) At least it's been a few days post-op, so it's easier to deal with!

One more thing - my sister Val came by for a few today & she wanted to see the incision. I was glad, because she could get a better look than I could, and she answered a few questions for me! There's only those steri-strip type things on there, no stitches (I took off the bandages yesterday), the incision is slightly above my c-section scar, and it's about the length of my index finger (3 or so inches). That's all for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Gross said...

LOL Not used to checking your blog and checked today and I've missed 3 posts!!!! Whoa! LOL Glad to hear things are going well. Glad you called the nurse. Especially since you can't go back to work without an ok, next Thursday is a long time! I wonder if you have stitches inside. When Otto had a bad head slice, they put invisible stitches inside and then glued the outside. I can't imagine an incision in that area (moves around alot) not having stitches. But who knows! They know what they're doing! LOL Thanks for the updates! xoxo

May 5, 2009, 6:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home