The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Sunday, May 03, 2009

so far, so good

Nothing too much to report over here... things are going pretty good. I'm resting a lot, which is kind of driving me nutty, but I know it's necessary. Yesterday the pain finally kicked in some, but not too bad. Today I decided to not take any meds for it, so I'd be more aware of the pain. I can't really sleep the day away, because Matt's sleeping (with church this morning & work tonight, the afternoon's the only time he could sleep today) and Kirsten's home. Not like I don't take naps when she's home, but I want to at least spend time with her reading & watching a movie or such. I'll have time to sleep/rest more while she's in school this week. Oh, the other reason I want to be aware of the pain today (aside from it keeping me awake) is so that I don't do things around here while Matt's sleeping! A friend dropped off a meal yesterday & I felt bad that the apartment's pretty messy. It's taking everything in me not to get up and do things, so being uncomfortable will remind me that I shouldn't be doing things, no matter if I want to or not! LOL (Understand the method to my madness now?!?) The pain's not horrible, anyway, and I have a pretty high tolerance. Also have that SISU thing, you know! ;)

Thanks to the friends that loaned me the laptop & Ethernet cord so I can do this via the couch... much more comfortable than sitting at a desk today!

Hope many of you got outside to enjoy the sun & nice air out there today... it's beautiful!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home