The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Monday, May 11, 2009

in the clear

I had my follow-up with my doctor this morning about my surgery. I'm surprised the scale there didn't show that I gained 10 pounds - I feel like I should've, considering all I did was lay around for a whole week, and the eating didn't subside! She said the incision area looks good & seems to be healing well. Only setback is that I have a bit of an infection in the area. Got meds for that & it should improve soon. She wanted me to stay home another week if I could, and I asked if I could go back to work today! She asked for a few more days, and I asked about tomorrow... we settled on tomorrow! (Hooray!) So, I'll just keep taking it easy & not lifting much (looks like I need Matt's help for laundry still! LOL). Oh, the doctor said the mass was definitely endometriosis, and it was about 2 inches by 2 inches by 2 inches (? did I say too many 2's there?!? LOL) - larger than a golf ball.

I'm excited to return to work tomorrow and get back to some sense of normality around here again! It'll be good for Matt & Kirsten, too. I'm sure they've been thrown off their regular routines with me home all the time! They've been good at helping out during all of this, and I have to say it again - Matt's been an excellent husband and caretaker of mine while I've been recovering. We even had our anniversary (14 years!) last Wednesday, and it was good to just spend time relaxing together. More than words!

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes during this... I love you all!
xoxo - Ruth

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you're healing well overall. And I'm glad that Matt was a good enforcer to keep you taking it easy while you should! I've enjoyed your recent increase in internet life. =)

Since I didn't run into you yesterday - Happy Mother's Day, Ruth!!

May 11, 2009, 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn Gross said...

Way to go, Matt! :-) Glad you are in the clear, Ruth! :-) I can't imagine not being able to do anything, what my house would look like! LOL Wish I could come clean for you, sista! Much love and prayers for continued healing-up-ness! :-)

May 14, 2009, 2:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home