The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sleeping as needed

A few nights ago I was sitting on the couch late at night, watching some television. I was pretty sure I was about to doze off, and figured I'd just fall asleep on the couch when I was ready. Well, little did I know just how fast I'd be ready. I don't even remember closing my eyes, but I do remember waking up suddenly & looking at the clock, which showed I'd been asleep for about 45 minutes or so. The part I found funny was HOW the sleeping happened... not laying down, but sitting upright! I fell asleep like my 76 year old father does! I'm an old man!!! LOL What's that all about?!? I'm pretty sure that was my body's way of just taking the rest I wasn't giving it, but come on! I was totally in an upright position!!! Too bad Matt wasn't there to take a picture... I bet it must've been an interesting sight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home