The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Reality check: I'm a crabby patty!

Yes, I'm still over-emotional, and I've noticed it's unfortunately continued thru my weekend. And it's escalated from sad to majorly crabby! I know it's my own fault, too... I've let myself get a bit out of control. I feel like I've been clashing with Kirsten big time in the past few days, I feel like bawling like a baby even tho I haven't (yet!?!), I don't feel like doing the work I need to be, I just want to be left alone by everyone and everything... see what I'm doing?!? I need to slap myself in the face & snap outta it! I even did a semi-mopey post on Kirsten's site Friday! If I look at my weekend without the attitude, it's been good! I found a good frame (glasses) for Kirsten on Friday, work went well Saturday, that afternoon I went w/my niece Erin (& Kirsten) to my sister Val's place where Erin & I did Jenny's (Val's daughter) hair for homecoming (a tradition I have w/her!), I had fun working with the kids in church today, and I took Kirsten to a bday party this afternoon where we both visited with friends! So, what's my problem?!?

I do know I need to get some advice/help in the area of parenting... that's for certain! Kirsten's in this stage of not listening, and it's usually followed by stomping and growling. Well, not like I can remove her from the situation, because usually it's in places we can't leave from (like working or meeting at church)! I just don't know what to do! Matt was sweet enough to see my defeated frustration this afternoon (I think I'm wearing my emotions pretty noticeably now! LOL), and talked sweetly with Kirsten about treating me really special for the rest of the day. I just feel so frazzled... like I'm unraveling and I can't stop it! I think it's just so much on my mind that's causing this, but I know I'm not handling things like I should be... I'm letting myself get out of control & I know I need to change that... tonight! Okay, that's what I'll do! Have a little bit of chocolate (or a lot, if I feel like it! LOL), watch some random TV show that I can get lost in, then get to sleep BEFORE midnight & set my mind to start tomorrow in a better frame of mind. That's what I'll do! And let's cross our fingers that it works! Hmmm... maybe a little Xanax or Kahlua will help tonight, too! :) (Or both?!? LOL)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

i wish there was a cure for this!!! i can be such a crabby pants too! there usually is no good reason for it either...i wonder why that happens? it must be that we are longing for heaven since we were created for perfection. being here is like squeezing a square peg into a round hole. sometimes we feel the squeeze more than others i guess.

Oct 2, 2006, 12:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home