The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

I question myself as to whether I should feel bad about my initial thoughts about today. The first thing that comes into my mind when "9/11" is brought up (or gets here on the calendar) is my daughter's first surgery. I posted about it last year on this day, so I won't go into the details again. It was just a monumental event in our lives, so that's honestly the first thing I think about. Then my mind goes to how I found out about the attack on the country, the images come to mind that we saw, and I remember the rest of the day as we reacted & recovered at home from the surgery and the attack. I didn't personally know anyone that died or was injured or was even near the danger that day, but I have personally known men in the military that have been serving our country overseas. My close friend's husband, Doug, was over in Iraq for quite a while. My sister's brother-in-law, Brian, was overseas. Now my niece's husband, Ken, is over there. I don't have anything profound to say about today, that's for sure. I guess I just need to remind myself to keep these people in my thoughts & prayers more often than just on the day we as a country think of them. That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home