The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's finally OVER!

So over that I fell asleep on the couch, leaning against Kirsten at 9:30 tonight! Yesterday, the boys (Matt & Bob) did some major hauling back & forth of the rest of our things while I stayed at the apartment packing stuff and Kirsten was playing at her buddy Sal's house (for SIX hours!). Today, I went with Kirsten to get the final things, take out the rest of the trash, and vacuum up the place. Oh, we managed to go back into the dark caverns of the basement storage area. Did I tell you how we found some major damage to our things? Well, today I found that two plastic containers full of beanie babies were in the cage next to ours... MY beanie babies! It took about an hour, but Kirsten's skinny long arms & my ability to maneuver a makeshift stick to push them into her reach while I was standing on a chair enabled us to get ALL of them back! Of course, we couldn't get the plastic totes out, but whoever stole them from us will be in for quite a surprise when they find the totes empty, without a single stuffed duck or dolphin in sight! Teamwork! Woo-hoo!

I am SO ready to crash now! My poor little feet are severely yelling at me, almost audibly even, so I think I'll actually be in bed before midnight gets here. Can't even tell you the last time I've done that!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

with an extra day off. i decieded to play catch up on myspace and aol mail. aol i check probably 2 or 3 times a month. So I then decided to check out the blog. I can not believe someone stole your beanie babies and stupidly enough stored them next to yours! Good work on getting them back! makes you wonder what else they took...

Sep 3, 2007, 4:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you plan to send out some type of new address info...ya know I send out Christmas cards early. Gee.....about your stolen beenies...dahhhh what hoot. some people.

Sep 10, 2007, 6:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ruth I an new to Posting I should have choose who I was..so anonymous is me Ann..

Sep 10, 2007, 6:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess it takes a few crazy stressful weeks, a couple of long hard moving days, and a comfy couch to get you in bed at a decent hour!! We've been trying for that one for years. Whoda thunk it???

Sep 15, 2007, 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home