The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, November 08, 2007

I must be getting old


The other day I stopped at Burger King to get a simple cheeseburger. I even ordered it plain. The total came to $1.26! A dollar and twenty-six cents! For one burger! I thought regular 'ol burgers were still under a buck! What happened? I was tempted to make a run for White Castle instead, but I knew that would be a mistake I'd be paying for continuously for days after (even though it'd taste great going down!). A dollar twenty-six, for one plain cheeseburger. A flat one, no less! I must be getting old!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had White Castle in years!!! I'm so gonna go get me some one of these days!

Nov 9, 2007, 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger SWC said...

Weird. I thought they were still like $.80 or something. Well, I think it's probably a good sign that you are not up on the latest fast food prices. But, just so we're clear, if you're gonna indulge...I say White Castle wins. That stuff is just deeelish!

(Found you through Karen...hope you don't mind me dropping in.)

Nov 12, 2007, 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home