The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Saturday, October 20, 2007

I miss my Docs

Oh, I really miss those black steel-toed beauties! They finally met their end about a year ago... but after over 10 years of hard wear, they fulfilled their destiny quite well! My friend Vickie had given them to me back in our early college days. I wore them to death, yet they never gave out on me. They were my play shoes, my clubbin' shoes, my work shoes, and even my church shoes! I did just about everything in them except sleep!

Aren't they pretty?!? Then again, I've always wanted burgundy/red ones, too. Or as boots.

Hmmm... I've been thinking about getting them for so long - for well over 15 years, that's for sure. So, why don't I have them yet?!? Maybe I should make a little bank for myself. One that I can't get into until it's full. It'll strictly be my "new pair of Docs" fund. Yeah, I think I really need to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home