The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I must be getting old

Today I spoke with a nurse at my doctor's office. She was letting me know the results of an x-ray I had taken of my left foot last week. (The weekend prior I hurt it some while digging up bushes in the yard, and was a little concerned about it.) She told me that there were no fractures, but she sounded a bit concerned when she told me that a bit of arthritis showed up. She said it wasn't a lot, but it was definitely arthritis.

So, why didn't I have anything else to say besides "Thank you" until I hung up the phone?!? At that point, all sorts of questions started running thru my mind, including the question of why didn't I think of these when I had her on the phone! Am I too young for arthritis? Is that why she sounded a bit cautious when telling me? This is my first "official" diagnosis of this - what does that mean for me? Is it going to progress? How do I treat it? Is this something I inherited from my family (many of them have arthritis)? Is this something spurred on from my early teen cheerleading days? (Yes, I was a cheerleader in junior high - you can stop laughing now.) Or is this from the past 20 years of putting my body weight on my poor little footsies?

If any of you that read this have any input, please advise! Or should I just call the office back with my questions?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one cheerleader to another...

If you're worried about it, call!! Silly girl...stop thinking so much and just do what you want to do!!

Oct 26, 2007, 6:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, by the way Girl, I just tagged you. You're supposed to post 7 random things about yourself, and then tag 7 more people. Just whenever you have the time. Blog on!

Oct 29, 2007, 3:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home