The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Christmas wishes

My baby might be wishing for her 2 front teeth by Christmas-time... last night she showed me that they're a little bit loose! She seems a little behind others her age in losing teeth, but we expected that - she cut her teeth late (parents will get this: she was around 14 or 15 months & the first one was a bottom molar!) (or was it a cuspid? I can't remember off-hand!). We were told with her preemie factor it could be "normal" - and that from cutting them late, she'll probably lose them late. According to the American Dental Association, the normal range for shedding the incisors is from 6-7 yrs.old (see chart. Kirsten turned 7 at the end of July, so it's not as far off as I was expecting! She's so excited, and I think I am, too!

I'm creatively using this to help her clean her teeth more now. I told her this morning that she needs to keep brushing her teeth - that the Tooth Fairy pays more for clean teeth! LOL I think it might work!!!

Now, how much does the T.F. dish out these days for the pearly whites?!?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's insane, actually. I think the tooth fairy at this house gave more for the first one...maybe $2-$3 bucks, but "she" usually made it special and gave it in gold dollars...seems more special than paper bills. Yay Kirsten!! :)

Oct 13, 2007, 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger appleandi said...

I remember getting no more than $1 growing up, but there is inflation! I too have heard about the Tooth Fairy giving gold coins and think that is GREAT! I wish I had beed paid that way! Keep brushing Kirsten!

Oct 14, 2007, 4:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home