The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Saturday, September 22, 2007

What do you think?

Do you think that every dream has a meaning? Many people believe that your dreams are telling you something, or that they are your subconscious thoughts surfacing. I can understand that some. And I understand that sometimes it's just a matter of what you're feeding your mind with as to what might come out in the dreams (the ones you remember, at least). But what about the bizarre ones? Or the horrible ones? A few weeks ago I had one about Kirsten getting kidnapped, and her arm was cut in the process. Seemed as real as anything, and I woke up so horribly saddened (felt as if it was to my core). A few days back I had one about Matt having an affair. I was crying so hard in my dream that I wouldn't have been surprised if I woke up in a pile of tears. Or what about the ones where I'm being chased, and I can almost literally feel the bullet piercing my shoulder blade? How about the ones where I'm flying? Or I'm a vampire? (Well, maybe that's a secret desire! LOL) What do those mean? Does every dream have a meaning?

What do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder that myself. Especially since I have had some majorly strange dreams in my lifetime. I always call H., cuz she's so great at dream interpretation!! Can't answer you this one, Babe. It's a mystery!

Sep 24, 2007, 2:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some believe that dreams are caused when thoughts enter your mind before you drift off to sleep. Take for example your dream involving your daughter. You may have been concerned for her at some point shortly before falling asleep. Upon drifting off, your mind was stuck on your concern for her, and being in a state of slowed conscience, your mind took off with your fears. So, in short. Yes. Dreams do have meaning, but I wouldn't give it much thought. Anything that you may be able to gain from interpreting your dreams you already know.

Sep 30, 2007, 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home