The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

my roots aren't showing

I wasn't referring to the ones on my head - those are definitely in need of a refresher. I'm talking about my heritage here. My brother and I were talking a week or so ago about how it seems like I'm not drinking as much coffee as I used to. For those that know me, this is a big deal. I'm a huge coffee lover. I'm even debating about getting some type of coffee cup graphic as a tattoo one day (along with the others I think about, but probably will never get around to doing!). It's in my blood. My Mom jokes that it's a Finn thing (she's 100% Finnish) - it's just huge with her side of the family, and I look at it as much as a family traditional thing as I do a daily sanity saver. But since we moved here a few months back, I just can't get it to taste good when I make it at home. Sure, if I had the money and a little Coffee Beanery delivery person to bring it to my door each morning, I'd be all set!

But since that's not the reality of life, I have to continue trying to find that perfect balance of beans and water.

Oh, Matt's wonderful parents gave me this lovely item last Christmas...

...it took a while for me to adjust to her ways of brewing for me, but soon we were in harmony. I miss using her!!! Maybe I'll have to dig her out of her hiding place if I can't get this other one to cooperate!?!

3 Comments:

Blogger suchsimplepleasures said...

i'm a coffee addict. i realized, yesterday, when i did not have any. my mood was foul and i had a horrible headache. i tried diet coke, for the caffeine but, that didn't work. so this morning, right after i checked my email, i made a pot of coffee. needless to say, no headache and fairly chipper!
sleep well...

Nov 27, 2007, 11:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a coffee girl, Ruthie! I think you should pull out your own coffee-maker and give it a go. It's just a part of "you" that you're a coffee fiend!!

Nov 28, 2007, 9:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that same coffee maker. I love it!!!

Joe took a second job at Starbucks for extra cash, so now we get their coffee! I drink more now than ever before. Proof that Starbucks is totally addictive.

Nov 29, 2007, 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home