The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Sunday, December 16, 2007

dashing thru the snow

Many Michiganders are not thrilled when winter comes blowing at us strong and hard. Many have lived here their entire lives, and still just aren't ready for the snow, or they plain 'ol don't enjoy it. I'm definitely not in that crowd - I'm so excited about it! Our area started getting the storm yesterday later in the morning, and it seemed to continue throughout the day, increasing with intensity by the hour. We went to a Christmas party last night, and on the way home I got to experience some of the fun of driving around in it. This morning was a completely different story...

"A weekend winter storm sweeping across the Midwest dumped up to 10 inches of snow on parts of the Lower Peninsula by Sunday afternoon..."
"The National Weather Service said the storm could dump up to 14 inches of snow through Sunday night in places."

"Blizzard conditions are anticipated," the weather service said in an advisory warning of the storm conditions. "Whiteout conditions can be expected at times, with significant blowing and drifting snow."

And here's our local forecast for today...
"Today: Snowy and blustery. Areas of blowing snow reducing visibility. Accumulations 4 to 6 inches. Storm total snow accumulation 8 to 12 inches. Highs 27 to 31. North winds 15 to 25 mph, becoming northwest 25 to 35 mph during the afternoon. Chance of snow near 100 percent."

(I took those photos on my way home from church this morning, with the top one being how thick most of our cars were covered!)
I'm sure Matt didn't enjoy shoveling out the driveway,

but I sure had fun driving around in the mess! It was a blast!!!

P.S. Yes, I went out again in it this evening, and still quite enjoyed my time driving around! I trust my car, and I know how well I can handle things, but I was having a few issues with some others on the road. You know, the type that decides to suddenly merge in front of you when there's obviously no lane tracks in the snow. Thankfully, I'm smart enough to be aware of my surroundings. Now, if only everyone else on the road would do the same!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh, thanks for the pix! I miss the snow so much! Today it was 86! Yuck! Actually I guess that is pretty warm for this time of year even for Harlingen! I'd like to at least be wearing pants on Christmas!!!!!!
Jenn xo

Dec 20, 2007, 9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home