The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Friday, December 28, 2007

happy feet

Do you remember my post back in October about how I miss my Docs? Those wonderful shoes that stood the test of time? Well, look at this...

I'M SO EXCITED!!!
My amazing sister Valorie had read that previous post, and decided to do something amazing for me for my birthday this month. She secretly got in touch with several friends of mine, and they all pitched in on getting the boots for me! Yes! They're now mine! Seriously! These are my happy feet, snuggled into that burgundy bliss this afternoon...

Aren't they so beautiful?!? There were about 15 of my friends who generously jumped on board with the secret birthday surprise! Even though this happened weeks ago (the boots came in today), I'm still blown away by the love my friends have shown me. I know some people might just look at this as a pair of boots, but to me it's as if they paid for me to go on a cruise or something huge like that - it's just as important to me! Really, these are definitely a luxury to me, something I've always wanted, but just never took the time to save for myself. Val & my friends took the idea and ran with it, and made my heart so happy! But what makes my heart smile the most is the fact that they all care about me so much to do something so wonderful for me.

You all know who you are - thank you. Thank you for showing me how amazing a friendship can be, even without the gifts. Thank you for accepting me for who I am, and celebrating who God created me to be. Thank you to my old friends and my new ones. Thank you to those who I have the privilege of being related to by blood, and to those who I've been "adopted" into a family with. Thank you for memories past, present, and those yet to come. Ups and downs - that's what shapes us. Change is good, and I know many of us have seen a lot of that in our lives. I like seeing that through it all, the bond of my girlfriends will always remain. Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU!

P.S. Not only did the funds collected pay for the boots, but it also allowed me a few other things like a new coat, scarf & gloves, jeans, & a hoodie! I was spoiled!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! You got them!! Wow, they're awesome. I can't wait to see them in person! Love you!

Dec 29, 2007, 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

they are seriously wonderful! i'm so happy that you finally have them...i can't wait to see them in person!

Dec 29, 2007, 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I noticed them during communion yesterday (funny!) and was so happy for you. At the time I had no idea that they were a wonderful gift from friends who love you. How cool is that?!

Dec 31, 2007, 4:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home