The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's talking, but I've been ignoring!

My body has been trying to tell me in subtle ways that I need to catch up on sleep... or rather that I need to start getting to bed at a more reasonable hour. I'd say midnight could be a feasible goal for me, but for some reason I just get busy catching up on shows or doing some things online or straightening up around the place... and before I know it the clock's reading 1:30 am! So, last night my body gave me a clear picture of what I've been doing. I'm talking CRYSTAL clear! I was watching something I had taped earlier, and didn't realize I fell asleep. Matt waltzes in the door after work (maybe 6am-ish?) and I hear the door, jerking my head up. Was I laying down? Oh no! I was in a completely upright position, with my head plopped to the side (or down, I can't remember)! Again, I fell asleep like an old man!!! I think I mustered something to Matt about not being able to sleep so I came out to watch a little TV. He didn't even bother correcting me... he just watched me stumble like a drunken sailor to the bedroom! LOL So... I think I'll set my goal at midnight for the rest of the week! I don't want a repeat of last night! (Mind you, this is the second time in the past few months that I did this, too! LOL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home