The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Silly Urges

I went to a gas station the other night after work... one that I'd never been to before. As I was walking up to pay the attendant, I had this weird sudden urge to do something completely silly... talk with an accent! I probably would've if I thought I could pull of a consistent one and keep my conversation short & to the point. But it was a fun thought... to totally pretend I'm from somewhere completely different to a total stranger! That guy wouldn't have known! He'd have no clue! (Unless I was as bad with it as I think I might be! LOL) So... if you want a fun experiment, do this! And then PLEASE let me know! :) Maybe I'll try it the next time!

2 Comments:

Blogger appleandi said...

I had two friends in highschool that the three of us did this all the time. Mostly at Cedar Point or when out to eat. We always had a blast!

Oct 16, 2006, 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

My friend Karen had a comment about this... "I put on an Australian accent (I'm really good at it!! lol) for an entire day while I was out doing errands. I was curious if people would treat me different. It was so fun!!" Yes, Karen, I'm quoting you on my blog!!! :)

Nov 15, 2006, 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home