The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Happiness in a cup

A little while back, my friend Vickie & I had gone out for a bite to eat. We had some time after dinner to visit more, so we walked to a nearby coffeehouse. Unfortunate for me, it was a Starbucks. Not that I'm anti-coffee by any means, I'm just not a fan of their particular beverages! But Vik loves their taste, and since the point was spending time together, I figured I'd venture out and try something new there. I attempted to get what would be comparable with a Cafe Caramel from Coffee Beanery. There seemed to be a bit of confusion, because it sure didn't taste anywhere near the same to me! So, this led me to a state of craving for the real deal!

A few weeks ago on one of my mornings off, I decided to go to my favorite local Coffee Beanery to indulge myself. And ooooh, it was perfect! They make it with their Breakfast Blend coffee (a mild blend), 2% milk (or something like that - I'm not the mixed coffee drink connoisseurs!), caramel syrup, and whipped cream on top. The key to the ingredient is using coffee, not espresso like other coffee shops use. Aaaaah! Perfection in every sip! I even got a little cup of extra whipped cream w/caramel on the side to add at home... of which I ate most of on the way!

Welcome home, my tasty friend. Welcome home!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

although i'm a huge fan of starbucks espresso made drinks, i'm glad you got the yummy coffee you were craving at coffee beanery!

to me there is no such thing as coffee that is too strong, but for the rest of the world there's breakfast blend!

Apr 10, 2007, 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Light weight! Pthhhhtttttt! I'm glad you got something you loved!

Apr 18, 2007, 6:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home