The Musings of Ruth

Main Entry: muse
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'myüz
Form(s): mused ; mus·ing
1 : to become absorbed in thought ; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively
2 : to think or say reflectively synonym : PONDER

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The oddities of our hearts & minds

I'm weird! Why? Because I miss my daughter tonight, and I didn't expect that I really would! Here's the scoop: I had a SUPER busy day today. Worked 9-2:00. Thankfully, my boss let me leave 15 minutes early. Rush home, fix Kirsten's hair, change, and we ran out the door to get to church. Easter egg hunt there from 2-4:00 (we got there @ 2:30). I won't go into the issues we had there, but maybe another time. Leave there @ 4:00, rush home, grab what I need, and made it to my in-laws by 5:00 (was supposed to be there around 4:30) for dinner (my first food since breakfast... ugh!) & an Easter egg hunt w/the kids. Matt's Mom said she'd take Kirsten overnight, so I left her there (along w/her bag of things I had packed after the church event) and headed back home to wake up Matt @ 8:00 so he could get ready for work. In the morning, Matt & I have to BE at church by 7:30 (ready to work at 7:30!) to set things up & rehearse & such for the 10:00 service. I will say how awesome it is that my in-laws let Kirsten stay with them. Could you imagine how bored that little sweetie would be - sitting at church from 7:30am - some other kids showed up to play with? (it'd be 9:00 at the earliest) So that was the reasoning behind the wonderful help they're giving us... but I miss Kirsten! She'd just be sleeping here, but I think I didn't realize something... I'm used to my little Peanut as my girlfriend buddy at night while Matt's gone to work! I usually don't feel so alone like this... but I am! Huh! I guess I discovered something new about myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home